Ban Request: Skur3byk

A player causing troubles on our server? Report them here (Please remember, ALWAYS have some form of evidence, and preferably other players to confirm the player's actions)
Viper1203
New User

Thu May 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Steam Name: Skur3byk
Steam ID (find using http://steamidfinder.com/): STEAM_0:1:22818788

My Steam Name: Mctappits
My Steam ID : STEAM_0:0:22819633

Which server did the incident occur on? (Build, TTT, Stranded):Stranded

Can you write a brief explanation of the incident: I was building a house with another player on the server "Sorin" WE had been playing for about an hour or two, Then all of a sudden This guy who is a crow flies into my base I ask him how he is a crow and he responds "h4x" He steals a number of my items what seems like instantly and carries them off (I think they were welded)

When I attack him with a crowbar He attempted to propkill me with my welded together props, He then tried to shoot me with a pistol, I believe he hit me once or twice then when he failed to kill me he once again resorted to attempting to prop killing once again.
He drops my items over his walls, I steal one of his Walls and move it to break into his house and attempt to steal my items back and without counting he attacks and kills me.
I respawn and once again try to get my structures back and in the commotion hit the "r" key which because I have stolen one of his walls Unwelded everything and all the props Sucked into eachother, This may have killed my friend in the process.
This may have got him stuck half way in the floor. I steal a number of his props (as much as I can) and claim the base as my own. I ask him to leave and he does not so as the rules dictate I attempt to kill him untill he leaves, He does not and he is killed.
By this time he is spouting hateful language trying to goad me into RDM "Useless Faggot" I make an admin request as soon as I can, but then because of the lack of admins on the server I thought it best to Disconnect (Don't feed the troll and all that) and make a ban request which is what I am doing now.

Do you have any other evidence that could help us process the incident further?: I took a few screenshots however I did not think to Record the Toxic player in question because I was more concerned at retrieving my stuff. Due to the size of the screenshots I am unable to upload them. I instead Provide a link to my screenshot Library where I have Already uploaded the 8 screenshots with Public visibility settings.
Screenshot Library Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tappits/screenshots/

Thank you for your time.

Mctappits

Eshap
Co-Head Administrator
Co-Head Administrator

Fri May 20, 2016 6:21 am

Hoo boy, the admins had a field day with this one. This situation is pretty confusing, but I'll give my two cents:

When I attack him with a crowbar He attempted to propkill me with my welded together props, He then tried to shoot me with a pistol,
Killing Skur for stealing your stuff is not a valid reason and is RDM. If you had counted him down whilst he was in your base, this would have been fine, but logs show you didn't do this. Whilst Skur probably could have avoided attacking you back, logs show you made the first attack so I'm pretty sure that can be accepted on the lines of self defence.

He attempted to propkill me with my welded together props
I appreciate that you took the time to screenshot some evidence, but imo the propkill evidence is inconclusive. What I find suspicious is that Skur is holding a crowbar in those images, whilst you have a physgun. This could be down to Skur switching weapons very quickly to avoid being caught but this can't be proven (unless Skur has recorded evidence, which he claims to). It would've been more helpful if you took an image of Skur actually holding the prop with his physgun.

He drops my items over his walls, I steal one of his Walls and move it to break into his house and attempt to steal my items back and without counting he attacks and kills me.
After Skur's last pistol shot (see 1.), there's ~2 minutes in the logs where nothing happens (4:06-4:08 PM). After this, logs show that, again, you were the person who made the first hit, which clashes with what you said above. This could mean one of two things: Skur was trying to attack you and you just happened to make the first hit, or what was said wasn't true. Without any other evidence to go on I can't validate or invalidate your claim.

This may have got him stuck half way in the floor. I steal a number of his props (as much as I can) and claim the base as my own. I ask him to leave and he does not so as the rules dictate I attempt to kill him untill he leaves, He does not and he is killed.
This is considered repetitive stealing, which is also against the rules, made no better by the fact he was stuck in the floor because of what you apparently did (I see no other way for him to have gotten stuck except being forced down by a prop).

By this time he is spouting hateful language trying to goad me into RDM "Useless Faggot" I make an admin request as soon as I can, but then because of the lack of admins on the server I thought it best to Disconnect (Don't feed the troll and all that) and make a ban request which is what I am doing now.
Skur's behaviour towards you was definitely immature and I don't condone it.

Overall, whilst the reports that both you and Skur sent to us are very difficult to substantiate, the admins who looked at your report and read the logs agreed that you both broke the rules in some way: You shouldn't have RDMed Skur to begin with and Skur shouldn't have been a prick and elevate the situation.
How the administrators will approach this situation in terms of punishment (if there will be any) has yet to be decided, but one of them will post when it has been.

Viper1203
New User

Fri May 20, 2016 9:39 am

1. So when Skur stole my structures and ran off phys-gunning them It was against the rules to chase him and attempt to get them back? That's a really easy way to grief with no consequence as retaliation is considered random.

2. I was unable to screenshot most of it as I was trying to avoid the props and bullets, I had many tools in my inventory which took much playtime to acquire and preserving them was my priority.

3. That is correct, in that time I decided the best course of action was to break into his base and get my structures back, but when I move the prop and gain entry we then started to fight again it was quite soon after I broke in I cant remember who swung first.

4. I was unaware this my have been against the rules at the time, however at the start of the incident he ran off with a number of my structures including an Iron Furnace a Copper Workbench and a Copper Furnace. They are the ones I can remember. When someones running off with half your base the instinct is to chase them not double check the rules while he makes off with almost an hour of my hard work. If He had stolen one of my structures it would not have been an issue even if he is much higher level than I, But he made off with like half the structures from my base.

I never wanted an incident to start off with, I was just basing with my friend not bothering anyone, we weren't even in a tribe. I think that somebody in a tribe stealing/attacking from two people with no tribe much lower level than him should constitute for Griefing/Trolling. He had a factory in his base and had absolutely no reason to steal my structures bar doing it out of spite.
I hope this can be resolved and I can return to playing on the server in peace.

Thank you for your time
Mctappits

Eshap
Co-Head Administrator
Co-Head Administrator

Fri May 20, 2016 10:25 am

1. The short answer is yes.
The long answer: About 1-2 years ago, we made it a rule that witnessed stealing was a legit reason to RDM. However, this rule was too difficult to track because logs don't show when someone has stolen a prop; thus, it could easily be griefed so that users could falsely claim RDM; thus, it was removed. If there is someone standing suspiciously in your base, you should count them down. Sorry if this sounds iffy, but there's nothing we can do unless a system is put in the logs that allows us to tell when stuff has been stolen.

I can't do anything more about 2 and 3 because neither have substantial evidence. Sorry.

4. I understand that pressure affects judgement- happens to many players. However, you're responsible for remembering the rules and keeping as level-headed as you can. Since you have both broken the rules, admins may choose to let you off, but in future please do try to keep that rule in mind.

Your rule proposal makes sense, but the problem with it is one of the reasons the stealing rule has been changed before. If the rules worked the way you mentioned, players with very high levels would have little to no people to steal from. We already make it difficult for players to steal by using the <lv.30 restriction- any harder and stealing would be impossible to level up for some players. HCM is strict with its rules, but we have our limits.

Apologies for the grief this whole situation has likely caused, but rules are rules. If it means anything, I will still keep an eye on Skur- he's been under my own suspicions for a while and, if he is seen stealing repetitively, action will be taken. He's not the first person to be accused of stealing from people repeatedly and he wouldn't be the first person to be banned for it, if suspicions are true.

AlbertGuelt
New User

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:16 am

Hey Wilson,
Know you're busy with v4, but thought I would bring this up. I'm not able to get to my computer right now so I'm using PGO Lite so I can keep up with my one group, but I started getting this error message about 3 days ago. I can't check it against my regular version since, like I said, I'm not on my computer. Any ideas? screenshot attached.

Return to “Report a Player”